Welcome to the Krešimir Špicer International Vocal Master Class, in collaboration with the Dubrovnik Summer Festival. This course will take place at the Luka Sorkočević Art School in the heart of the historic city of Dubrovnik, Croatia, 26 July – 1 August 2018. The course includes one group lesson and six individual lessons for each participant with tenor Krešimir Špicer. This Master Class is of an interpretative character and will be focused on Baroque music and Lied. Piano accompaniment is included in all lessons. On the last day of the course, participants will perform in a final concert at the Bunic - Caboga Summer Villa from the 16th century, which will, as part of the 69th Dubrovnik Summer Festival programme, be advertised and open to the public. The final concert programme will be selected from the course repertoire. Upon completion of the course each participant will receive a course certificate.
- Submission of a CV or resume (800 characters max), including applicant’s musical educational background, performance experience and a list of awards and accomplishments;
- A video or audio recording of the applicant demonstrating his or her vocal skills. All videos should be uploaded to YouTube and links submitted in the application form. Please submit no more than three videos of contrasting works, with total duration up to 15 min.
- In order to apply to Krešimir Špicer Master Class please download the application form HERE.
- Filled form should be sent to the coordinator Mirja Capor on the following e-mail address: email@example.com
1 June 2018 - DEADLINE EXTENDED: 10 JUNE 2018
This course is primarily intended for college level students. However, talented students under 18 years of age will be taken into consideration but will, if chosen, have to be accompanied by parent or guardian.
English, Italian, Serbian, Croatian.
Each element of each individual application is evaluated carefully and compared to the overall applicant pool. The course management team evaluates candidates on the basis of the quality of singing in their provided recordings as well as resume information. All participants will be notified by e-mail of the results until 15 June 2018. Number of participants is limited.
If selected, a non-refundable fee of 625 EUR must be prepaid by 22 June 2018.
This fee includes:
- One group lesson with Krešimir Špicer;
- Six individual lessons with Krešimir Špicer and piano accompaniment (60 min. each);
- Shuttle transfer Dubrovnik Airport – Inter University Centre Dubrovnik - Dubrovnik Airport;
- Shuttle transfer to final concert: Inter University Centre Dubrovnik - Bunic Caboga Summer Villa - Inter University Centre Dubrovnik;
- Accreditation for Dubrovnik Summer Festival programmes during days of the course.
Course participants have the option to choose accommodation at the newly remodelled Inter University Centre Dubrovnik, which is within short (8-minute) walking distance from Luka Sorkocevic Art School where lessons will be held. Rooms can be booked on double or single basis occupancy with shared bathroom. Each room is fully equipped with Air Condition and free Wi-Fi.
Participants can choose to opt-out of the accommodation in the Inter University Centre and provide their own accommodation at Dubrovnik City during the course days. However, the management team kindly reminds participants that the course is being held during the high season of tourism in Dubrovnik and they should be aware of limited availability as well as the high prices of accommodation in this period.
Note: Full payment, both the course fee and the accommodation fee (unless the participant chooses to opt-out of the accommodation at IUC) must be received by the due date - 22 June 2018, otherwise the student will not be able to participate in the Master Class.
Feel free to address any questions regarding Master Class and/or accommodation in the Inter University Centre to the coordinator Mirja Capor: firstname.lastname@example.org