Date created: 05.05.2017.
On the western side of the city, under the protection of the city walls and the unconquerable Minceta Fort, is the Franciscan monastery of the Friars Minor order. Its cloister is a magnificent realization of the late Romanesque style. Furthermore, the monastery has yet another (upper) Gothic cloister which survived the great earthquake, for the purposes of the monastery and is inaccessible to the public. Still operating within the framework of the monastery is the pharmacy, founded at the same time as the monastery in 1317, making it one of the oldest in Europe (third by time of establishment), and perhaps the oldest in Europe in terms of continuity of operations from establishment to the present day.